Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Projects

Have you ever misplaced something? You know that you had it not long ago but can't seem to find it no matter how hard or how many places you look?

This was me. Our family has a vacation booked for the end of February that will require us all to have our passports. Yesterday was the girls first day back to school so I thought it was a good time to look for my passport. I hadn't seen it for a while but I knew it couldn't be too far. Although in the back of my mind over the holidays I had wondered where it had gotten off to.

So I tried all the usual places that I put things, all the places that I had seen it before, even started to look to my husband's things thinking that maybe I had given it to him. I didn't know where his passport was either so thought that maybe they were hanging out together. No such luck. I looked through everything but eventually had to turn my attention to making dinner. It wasn't until after dinner when I was doing the dishes that I remembered my earlier anxiety. I told the family that the vacation might not happen if I couldn't find the passports. My husband did a quick look while I cleaned up the kitchen. No passports but he said not to worry, 'they'll turn up."

Feeling good about having made a good meal for the family and a good cleaning of the kitchen, I decided to start again to look for the passports (I'm looking for my husbands now as well). I started back in the office and what do you know, found them both all cozy in a drawer. Sure they were hidden under lots of junk but they were there. Oh so happy!

So today I'm having a hard time getting started on my projects. I should have lots of energy giving the relief of finding the passports but alias, that's not the case.  I think part of the problem is that I have too many things that need to get done. So I'm going to focus on one (or two) things at a time. Take things slow and report on my progress here.

So first up is my daughter's bedroom. This room is in need of a new paint job and a bit of decorating. My daughter wanted a purple room but we have had a hard time of it trying to find the perfect colour. Before the holidays I suggested that she have a pink room instead. I even bought a litre and tried it on the wall. She didn't like it at first but has come around to the pink.

This is the room that is to become pink.





Next up is to make a laptop case from an old wool sweater. I received a new laptop for Christmas (well my first one) and it needs a protective case.  I've had the idea for a while but just need to get off my butt and do it.




I will report back with any progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment